Provincial Youth Council (PYC), in conjunction with Sharing of Ministries Abroad (SOMA) and Growing the Church (GtC), is hosting a 2 day training programme on preparing for, and going on Missions
.Overview of training objectives:
Each delegate will be prepared to:
- minister with the compassion/love of Jesus,
- be united with fellow team members and to cooperate in ministry objectives,
- be skilled in various aspects of (outreach) ministry,
- be prepared for ministry context,
- be worshippers with obedience to the leading of the Holy Spirit,
- be ambassadors of Christ individually, and as a team.
The Training will also cover:
- Team building – Relationship development, Conflict resolution, Forgiveness, Respect for one another (sharing stories, maintaining unity, discovering & using gifts and ministries, humility to learn from each other)
- Relationship with God – Prayer, Holy Spirit, Love, Servant-hood, Purity, Attitudes, Unity, Dependence on God
- Ministry in the power of the Holy Spirit – Kingdom of God, Spiritual warfare, ministry skills
- Practical guidelines for going on missions
The training will be specifically geared for Young adults (approximately 17 to 35 years of age, although older will be considered). The training is hands-on and practical, and participants will be given ample opportunity to put their new skills into practice.
Participants will also be offered an opportunity to go on a mission (possibly in another country) before the end of this year (2015). Information will be shared during the programme.
Matt 28:18-20 reminds us to take the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all the nations, and this is your opportunity to both develop the necessary skills, as well as take the opportunity to put those skills into practice.
The Seminar will be conducted by Revd. Chris Viljoen, the Director of SOMA Southern Africa and he will be assisted by Revd. Trevor Pearce, the Director for Growing the Church, and other experts in this field.
SEMINAR DATE: 10th and 11th April 2015.
TIME: From 08:30 to 16:30 daily
ADDRESS: The Warehouse, Plantation Road, Wetton (Cape Town) (about 500m from Wetton Station).
COST: R195.00 (covers registration and lunches and teas).
Those wishing to attend this Seminar are asked to download the registration form (MISSION TRAINING PROGRAMME) and to return it via email to email@example.com or fax 0866-579064 by Thursday 3rd April 2015.