ANGLICAN YOUTH LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
- The aims and guiding principles of the Leadership Seminar/Programme :
- Participants will gain a broad understanding of what leadership means in the context of the church and in society, leading to more in-depth and impactful leadership experiences and exposures.
- Focus on the development of self in order to be of influence to others.
- Spiritual formation and discipleship as the heart and foundation of leadership.
- Leadership as an influence on people for societal impact.
- An inspiration to achieve something significant for God, either as an individual, or through the participation of others.
- Leadership Seminars will focus on 2 key approaches of development, viz.:
- A focus on BEING (character, ethics, servanthood, empathy, etc.)
- Focus on DOING (personal abilities like visioneering, organising, mobilising, inspiring, etc. as well as people skills like training and development, communication, counselling, mentoring, gifts assessment and deployment, empowerment, etc.)
- Although there are no specific topics on the Theology of Leadership, we insist that facilitators also include models and principles of leadership from the Bible.
- LEVELS OF LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES
- ENTRY LEVEL – for general ministry in and through the church
A focus on understanding leadership and it’s simplest application. Laying the foundation for those who feel called to lead others in achieving a common purpose or cause.
– Self development (and being a disciple)
– People, compassion, cause, empathy, collaboration
– Purpose and vision
– Basic support skills as leadership enablers
– Setting and achieving goals
Targeted at those who are new to leadership or those aspiring to leading others.
- INTERMEDIATE LEVEL – for societal impact through the church (ACTION/IMPACT)
A focus on advancing leadership skills in order to achieve meaningful impact in society. This programme will build on previous learning and experiences.
– A theological understanding of leadership – including servant leadership
– Understanding leadership within the context of the church
– Developing a deeper compassion for the needs of people
– Developing the skills of others.
– Operational and organisational skills
– Resource generation (fund raising)
Targeted at those who have done the beginners programme and who want to take their leadership to the next level.
- ADVANCED – DEVELOPING SUPER SKILLS
These are a series of workshops which will focus on specific areas of leadership providing insights and skills necessary in providing a more holistic approach to leadership.
– Critical thinking
– Strategic ministry development
– Entrepreneurial thinking
– Quantitative reasoning
– Managing complex tasks
– Decisive decision making
– Game changers
– Holistic Environmental activism
– And many others
Targeted at those who have done both the beginner as well as the advanced leadership programmes. However, others, who have been in leadership for a while, may also attend these workshops.
All enquiries about the programme must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An initiative of Provincial Youth Council (PYC) for the benefit of Anglican Youth in Southern Africa (AYSA).
YOUTH LEADERSHIP SEMINAR
Young people between the ages of 16 and 35 are invited to attend the Youth Leadership Seminar which is aimed at developing leadership skills for ministry and social action.
Participants will gain a broad understanding of what leadership means in the context of the church and in society, leading to more in-depth and impactful leadership experiences and exposures.
The Leadership Seminar will focus on 2 key approaches of development, viz.:
- A focus on BEING (development of character, ethics, good morals, servanthood, integrity, empathy, discipleship, etc.)
- Focus on DOING (personal competencies like visioneering, organising, mobilising, inspiring, etc. as well as people skills like training and development, communication, counselling, mentoring, gifts assessment and deployment, team empowerment, etc.)
The Seminar will be held at Braehead House, No 1 Braehead Road, Kenilworth, over 3 weekends (5 whole days) on the following dates:
- 12 and 13th August 2017 from 08:30 to 17:00
- 26 and 27th August 2017 same time
- 2nd September 2017 same time.
Registration fee is R350.00. A certificate will be awarded at the end of the seminar.
Opportunities also exist for clergy and/or lay facilitators at the seminar. Please enquire about the various topics available in the programme.
Only 30 seats are available, so, please register early.